Ok if I (or any other grad student for that matter) ever gets an epiphany, a great idea. it would be either at 2 in the morning or on the throne (aka shit can)! I ve had this idea when I was on the throne at 2 am in the morning about my project…. but sadly I cant implement it because of time constraints (read paper deadline to meet).
This made me realize (somehow, dont ask how) that I have a ton of obsessions. Here are some to name a few.
1) The person I m leeching this month (and the next month, and the next month, oh they keep changing) (Yes I m a total stalker)
2) Whatever I m working on…. these days its my project.
3) Computer games… I fell for them when I was 10, have nt got over them. The first game I saw was Dave, the second Doom 2, and thats when I started to program computers. Since then there is no turning back!
4) Gadgets, I need to get the next big thing in town, and I get so obsessed to get them that I pretty much dont care how I get them. I should nt give examples cuz they would make me look really bad.
5) My imaginary friends…. I dont have real ones so, what can I do, cant stop my mind from roaming.
6) The book that I ve just read…. I m really susceptible to new ideas, it takes a while for me to make my own opinion I guess. Yeah I m gullible.
7) Being loved, or lack of. I run away at the first sign of emotion. I never understood why.
8) Anything Macho…. obsessed with muscle cars (old ones) and some of those cute sports cars too, Choppers (Its a dream to buy one), Leather Jackets and old looking sunglasses (Dont like the new trendy ones).
9) Aircrafts…. especially Fighters. There was I time when I wanted to be an aeronautical engineer so bad! I could name the plane and its specs just by looking at a silhouette since the age of six!
10) Taking stuff apart. Oh my parents used to keep screw drivers and tools away from me when I was little. and now that I can afford them, there is no stopping them. And really? I dont fix them. I just open them up and leave them as is.
11) Black t-shirts and blue jeans, thats all I wear! Seriously? I have about 10 black t-shirts, and 8 blue jeans! I have only one blue t-shirt, and That too because someone gae it to me out of sympathy!
12) Short nails and hair. Cant stand long nails, I have to keep a nail cutter on my desk! And if dont like other people having long nails especially! Somehow it grosses me out!
13) Me. Obviously.
PHD Comics Rule!